January Favourites

13:16

Hello!

I realised I never really do 'monthly favourites' so I thought I'd start (it probably won't be for every month - possibly every other month instead)!
I am going to start with non-beauty favourites then later move onto beauty & fashion.

Music

I have recently started listening to Grimes and Melanie Martinez. I am yet to listen to all of Grimes album because I have been too obsessed with Melanie's album - Cry Baby. I have been listening to it every single day, sometimes more than twice! I can't even begin to pick a favourite song because they are all so good and could easily be released as singles.

Melanie Martinez: Cry Baby album cover (source: Google)

TV Shows & Other favourites

I have re-watched Skins series 1-4 and Effy's 'Fire' episodes last month as I have no lectures until next week so I have been obsessing over it again! A week or so ago my Tumblr was filled with Skins posts and I have no shame. 

I also have been re-watching some old Doctor Who's (my favourite episodes) and I have got back into Breaking Bad because I stopped watching it for a while when I was near the beginning of Season 3 as I felt it was quite slow paced. Now I am halfway through Season 4 and I am really enjoying it this time as the pace has picked up. It wasn't like I didn't like it before, I just got a bit bored and I started to watch other shows.

AND AND AND Pretty Little Liars is back and it is as fabulous as always, intriguing and super interesting. I just watched Tuesday's episode on Netflix and it was so so good I am really enjoying it! Me and my friend always message each other about it when we have both watched it and talk about the episode for ages. I also always search Tumblr and like/reblog a lot of stuff after I have watched the most recent episode!

Pretty Little Liars: 2016/Season 6B (source: Google)

One last TV Show! Some of my flatmates and I love Tattoo Fixers. It is so entertaining and makes you 'laugh out loud' at the people's awful tattoos. The three tattooists do an amazing job of covering them up though and their work is beautiful!

Adult colouring in books have become hugely popular this past year and last month I coloured in so many of the patterns in my book. It is so therapeutic, relaxing and fun to do whilst you are watching something or if you need a break from your work. I think by the end of February the book will probably be very close to being completed. They are an amazing way to relive stress and take your mind off things for a while.

Colour me Mindful: Tropical

Some of my favourite colourings I have done so far:



I'm yet to finish this one obviously, but I really like the design



Beauty and Fashion

  • MUR Goddess of Love highlighter: I wore this highlighter pretty much every day last month, it is stunning - I did a blog post which included a review on this product here.
MUR Goddess of Love highlighter

  • Urban Decay Space Cowboy Moondust eyeshadow: This product is very versatile as it can be worn when you go out in the evening by just applying more or using a wet eyeshadow brush or it looks just as great for everyday makeup of which I have been doing a lot recently. It is just something easy/simple to pop on your eyelids when you want to look nice but don't want to make lots of effort. You can see a little review I did a while back on the product here.
  • MUR Blusher palette in Hot Spice: I think this is a beautiful palette for the small price of £4-6; it contains some beautiful subtle shades and the product will last you a very long time as of course with blusher you don't need to apply a lot. You can see a recent review I did of the product here.
MUR blusher palette in Hot Spice

  • Urban Decay setting spray: I haven't actually done a blog post on this product yet but I did include it in my 2015 favourites despite only receiving it for Christmas. In my opinion I think it is a great product and it does its job very well! You can read my short review of the product here.
  • Rihanna Nude perfume: This perfume has a very beautiful yet subtle scent. It can be worn during the day or on the night! On the Superdrug website (yes I looked up what scent it was as I am rubbish with them most of the time) it says the perfumes top notes are: Guava nectar, mandarin and pear and the other notes include orange blossom, gardenia petals and velvet jasmine.
  • Huge checkered blanket scarfs. I received one for Christmas from my parents as I was in desperate need of a new scarf and I am in love with it and even wear it inside sometimes as it is so cold.
Checkered blanket scarf
  • Jumpers: always a favourite in the winter of course.
  • Chunky shoes: In December my mum bought me some chunky buckle type shoes from Primark as they were in the sale at around half price I believe - reduced to just £6. My mum pointed them out to me and I loved them! I have worn them so much since as they go with everything - also you can wear cute frilly socks with them, yay!
Primark chunky shoes


That's about it for my January favourites. I keep going to say February favourites ah!
What have been your top 5 favourites of January?

Love, Emily x

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images

Subscribe