Everyday makeup

18:32

Hello!
This blog post is going to be about what makeup I wear on a normal day, like going to school etc. The post is going to be quite photo heavy, but I am going to list and link the products so you know how much they are etc and briefly describe what I am doing in each photo.

Products I use:

Face

Firstly I apply a tiny bit of Benefits POREfessional. I then apply their concealer with the real techniques detail brush and blend it in with my fingers. I use this product under my eyes, on my eye lids, on any blemishes and my nose.
I then apply my foundation with a real techniques foundation brush.


I then use my powder and sweep it all over my face using, yep you guessed it, another real techniques brush! But this time it's the buffing brush.

I then contour my cheek bones using Bourjois' chocolate bronzer (P.S - I think this is a fab product for contorting and would recommend it to anyone!) with a real techniques contour brush. I've had this product for, it must be getting on for a year now, and I still am no where near reaching the bottom.
I then (today) used my Sleek pallet and applied the shade 'Squash' (a bright pink) to the apples of my cheeks using a Body Shop blusher brush. This pallet is gorgeous; it has some real summery shades. I obviously sometimes use the other shades in this pallet but I more frequently use Natural collections blush; it's very natural and adds a lovely bit of colour to your cheeks.



I then use Benefits 'Hoola' bronzer on my temples, forehead and on my jawbone. I apply it with the RT contour brush.
Finally (face wise) I use my powder again just to blend everything in.


Eyes 

I comb my eyebrows using an eyebrow comber on an old Rimmel eyebrow pencil and fill my eyebrows in using the MUA pallet. I would mention the shade but they don't have names, it's a light brown colour.
I then do my eyeliner. Both eyes went so well today, I was so happy with myself!

 


I then use the MUA pallet and I apply a nude/brown shade over my lid and then in the outer corners I use a darker brown shade. I do this using the real techniques base shadow brush.



Finally I curl my lashes with some curlers I bought on eBay a few months ago and apply my mascara! I use Benefits 'they're real' mascara on my bottom lashes and Soap and Glory's 'thick and fast' mascara on my top lashes. I then go over my top lashes with Benefits mascara because it's really good for separating lashes and making them look more natural.  


                        
Also... today I attempted the Milkmaid braid after watching +Zoella's video on it. It didn't turn out great (oh well, practice makes perfect!) but I did really like it all the same.



Thanks for reading - I hope you enjoyed this post!

Love, Emily x

You Might Also Like

5 comments

  1. Hello honey!
    I followed your blog via bloglovin. Really love it!
    Can you follow me back?

    http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/3947784

    http://anna-alina.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this post, i'm looking to buy some good quality brushes or a brush set at a reasonable price - what you recommend ? I've also nominated you for the very inspirational blogger award, and you can check it out here: http://prettyinpips.blogspot.co.uk/ xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) The real technique brushes are amazing and well worth the money; they're so easy to clean and would last you AGES. The 'core collection' is £21.99 and you get 4 brushes, so that works out at about just over £5 per brush which is fab :D - I also really love the foundation brush (which isn't part of the set and is £9.99).
      Also - I have heard the eco tools brushes and Topshop brushes are good. Topshop brushes are the cheapest overall, but not by great deal xx

      Delete

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images

Subscribe