HIGHLIGHTERS: Mac Soft & Gentle and Makeup Revolution Goddess of Love

10:00

I am in love with highlighters.
Mac's soft and gentle is the most perfect highlighter I have ever laid my eyes on and it makes me super sad because I am running out of it. I received the MUR 'Goddess of Love' highlighter for Christmas from my friend and I think that is one of the best high street highlighters I have seen and used. However, as much as I love them both they are very different. For example Mac's soft and gentle is more shimmery, noticeable and golden whereas MUR's is more of a shiny, subtle pink toned highlighter.


Mac Soft and Gentle vs MUR Goddess of Love

I wanted another highlighter because I don't want to finish my Mac one as I don't have a job at the moment so that would make me super sad as I wouldn't be able to afford another one! Instead, I'm trying to save it just for when I go out and when I'm just chilling or going into Uni or something I wear the MUR highlighter as it's still noticeable but far more subtle.


Swatches (MUR: Left / MAC: Right)

At the more expensive price of £23.00 the Mac highlighter is still worth every single penny and many would say exactly the same as me. You don't need a lot of it to look noticeable, but I do use quite a lot of it at once as I'm highlighter obsessed. It catches the light really well, which makes it look even more shiny and shimmery. The MUR is at a far cheaper price of £4.99 but it looks stunning, catching the light like Mac's soft and gentle. So if you're in need of a highlighter ASAP and aren't looking to spend a lot of money on one then this is definetly the one for you, unless you're looking for more of a peachy/purple/golden highlighter. If you are then MUR does do other shades in this range, or they do slightly cheaper ones (£3.00) of which are much more shimmery, like Mac's.


In my opinion I think Mac's soft and gentle is more of a 'summer' highlighter, whereas MUR's Goddess of Love is more a shade you would wear in the winter. I don't know why I feel like that, but I just do - ha ha! Probably because the Mac highlighter is far more shimmery than MUR's.

Both of the packaging is gorgeous. I especially love the MUR's packaging in the cardboard container as it makes it look far more expensive than it actually is and the highlighter is pretty big so I think it will last a long time. Also, both highlighters have great staying power, particularly Mac's soft and gentle.

The next highlighter that is on my list to purchase is Nars: Copacabana. I have wanted this highlighter for so long and I will buy it at some point this year (when I finally get a part-time job at Uni!)

What are your favourite highlighters?
Love, Emily x

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images

Subscribe