WORLD CHALLENGE UPDATE POST

22:51

Hello everyone! Two blog posts in one night, I am on a rollllll!

Now I made a blog post about this 4 week expedition trip of a lifetime to Malaysia, Borneo almost a year ago (I cannot believe it was that long ago!): http://emilyfrancesx.blogspot.co.uk/2014/04/world-challenge-malasya-and-borneo.html so go and check it out if you want to!
I will describe in a bit more detail in the following paragraphs, but basically I will be doing lots of activities for a month, such as diving and helping in a community and a lot of fundraising's required to pay for the expedition.


The trip will allow me to develop many of my own skills such as independence, confidence and my ability to work within a team. Not only will it help myself, but going on the trip will allow me to work within a community to help improve people's lives who are less fortunate than ourselves, of which will be absolutely amazing.
One of my close friends went to Kenya last year on a similar trip, of which she helped out in a community and she said they had a great time helping out and having fun with the children, but they were all sad to leave.
I think it will be so much fun teaching them cool stuff and having a good time with them and also helping them and where they live and go to school.
I feel like money makes a huge difference to their lives, but to meet other people and hear our stories and for us to listen to their stories and experiences will make a difference and it will make everyone positive and happy.



As well as helping out in a community for a few days I will be going on a couple of hikes/treks up mountains and through rain forests, turtle conservation, completing a scuba diving course and having some relaxing time to explore the places we travel to. I honestly cannot wait to go. I signed up not even knowing if my friends were going to go which was really brave for me; I'm not the most confident person in the world! I have made a few new friends though and a girl who I used to be good friends with is going as well, so it will be great!


I have had a few injections & still have some left to go as a couple of them are a course of three injections and I am having another one for 'rabies' nearer the departure date! 
As soon as February is over I am going to start looking online and in shops to organise and start purchasing the things I need for the expedition.

As time has progressed I have become more and more excited; at first I was like 'this is going to be so great and inspirational', then I was thinking wow 4 weeks that's a long time and it's a lot of money and effort, but I obviously still was looking forward to it... But then after getting myself re-motivated and when I started looking into the trip more in depth I began to get excited again!

Also... Borneo looks beautiful.
 

I still have quite a bit of money to raise before the summer so I would honestly be eternally grateful if you have a spare £3 (or less it doesn't matter!) to go towards this amazing opportunity.
It honestly sounds so cheeky & sounds as if I am begging, but I have no idea how else to write it! I do not in anyway want to come across as sounding like a total beg, but any donations will be very very much appreciated and I could not thank you enough.
Here is the link you can follow if you would like to make a contribution: https://www.myworldchallenge.com/make-a-contribution.asp?femid=901865&ch=mJImm7 :)


Thank you so much <3
P.S. If you want to find out even more about World Challenge then their website is: world-challenge.co.uk

Love, Emily x

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images

Subscribe