Mac Makeup

15:00

Hello!
Within the past year or so I have purchased and received some Mac makeup, so I thought I would share with you my mini collection.

 Lipsticks

I have got three lipsticks from Mac: Snob, Velvet Teddy and Viva Glam: Rihanna (each £15).
I think my favorite has to be Velvet Teddy, one reason is because I feel like it's the one that stays on the longest out of the three.

Velvet Teddy is a brown nude lipstick with a matte finish. Which I'm guessing you already know because everyone has decided to grab themselves one because of Kylie Jenner.
I really love this matte lipstick because it isn't drying in the slightest unlike some lipsticks and it stays on for hours!

Matte is my favorite lipstick finish, for sure.


Viva Glam: Rihanna does also stay on for ages because I've worn it out on an evening and consumed a few drinks and it literally still looked almost perfect when I got back! This standard red shade is a frost finish, which means it is kind of shiny but not in a lip gloss kind of way, just slightly. I sometimes dab this lipstick on my lips after I apply it, which makes it stay on much longer and it looks slightly more matte I think, so it's good if you're feeling a red lip look, but more of a matte type look. The shade in itself is neither dark red, nor light just, like previously said, your standard red shade.
Also, I especially find this lipstick finish really easy to apply because it really smoothly glides onto your lips and looks perfect with just one coat; of how pigmented it also is (like all of their lipsticks!)

Velvet Teddy, Snob and Viva Glam: Rihanna

Snob is the first ever Mac item I received for Christmas in 2013. It is a pale(ish), purple/lilac/pink colour.
It is such a pretty/girly shade, however it is quite hard sometimes finding an outfit that goes with the lipstick. Nevertheless, I do really like it as you can tell from the photos below; it is running out!! This is a satin finish, which I really don't know how to describe... It is basically matte, but doesn't look as matte as Velvet Teddy - ha ha!


Eye shadow

I received a quad 'Pro Palette' eye shadow palette from Mac for Christmas, where you can chose whichever shades you want to put in the palette.
I am gradually buying the shades and filling up my palette. I have the shades Satin Taupe and Cranberry. However, I'm not too sure which other shades to purchase, so if you know any really pretty ones, could you let me know in the comments please! I am preferably looking for one matte shade and a slightly shimmery light gold. Anyway, I think these are amazing and a great idea for a present; instead of getting a pre-made pallet you have the opportunity to design your own with all the beautiful Mac shades. The pallet itself is £5 and the eye shadows are £10 each, but are totally worth the money as they are so pigmented and they're quite big!


Satin Taupe is a shimmery grey/silver and it is a stunning shade, as is Cranberry, which is a dark-ish shimmery pinky/purple.
They do mostly stay on for the whole day, but I would defiantly recommend purchasing a primer so the eye shadow literally will not budge for the entire day.

Blush

This cream blush in the shade 'Lady Blush', is my latest Mac purchase, thanks to Tanya Burr's Selena Gomez makeup tutorial video!
The shade is the perfect pink/peachy colour, is very natural, has a good consistency and is fab for the Spring/Summer months.


You don't need to apply much at all, just one or two little dabs and you're done! Although, make sure you bluff it in/blend it in with a brush after.
I personally think the blush is totally worth the money (£18); it is simply gorgeous and as you don't need to apply much, it should last a very long time - like most Mac products.



Thank you for reading.
I am also planning on buying the Studio Fix Fluid (when I can afford it and not regret the purchase...) and if you have any other products from Mac of which you love, let me know in the comments!

Love, Emily x

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images

Subscribe