Revlon Lip Products and L'Oreal Mascara

22:07

Hello!
I have bought a lot of makeup recently, so I thought I'd write a couple of blog posts on the different products I have purchased. I'm going to do high street brands in this blog post and MAC in another one, of which I will upload a few days after this post.

L'Oreal Paris 'Miss Manga Punky' mascara


I have heard such great things about L'Oreal mascara's, so I thought I would give one a try. I had the Million Lashes one in mind to purchase, but Boots had an introductory offer on their new mascara 'Miss Manga Punky' and it was £5.99 (usually £8.99), so I decided to purchase the product. However, I regretted that decision a couple of times after I had used the mascara. I was disappointed with the brush; it was very little, and if it was a fiber brush it would be better, but it has short little plastic points. I don't usually mind mascara's with a plastic applicator, as I love Benefits 'they're real' of which is no doubt in my top 3 mascara's I have ever purchased, but not this one.

I don't hate the mascara, but I definitely wont be repurchasing it in the future, I will trust other peoples judgement and go for the 'Million Lashes' mascara. The mascara however does add volume and seriously makes your lashes stand out, but I just don't like the fact it's a bit clumpy and hard to apply, of which are two things you seriously don't want in a mascara... Especially one you're spending £5+ on. It is particularly difficult to apply the mascara to the bottom lashes as the applicator is so little and fiddly, so therefore I use my mini Benefit 'they're real' mascara or a mini MAC one I got free with an online order, as they are both super easy to use and only require a couple of coats.
The packaging however is quite nice and fits the 'theme' of the mascara, if that makes any sense!


Now, I should have read into the mascara before purchasing it; this kind of 'lash look' isn't one I particularity wanted, but we all make mistakes - ha ha!
New moto: think twice before you buy!

Revlon Lip Butter


It took me a while to choose which colour to purchase of this amazing product; although I had wanted it for months I still hadn't decided. Eventually I decided on the shade: Cotton Candy, and I do not regret it as it is the most perfect light pink shade and is the exact colour of the packaging. The product is £7.99 and is worth every penny; the packaging is classy and makes it look high end and the product in itself is beautiful. Now the shade I purchased has shimmers in it, but I am not sure about the others, I'd assume some are just shiny. The product, unlike normal lip glosses, isn't as sticky but if it's windy outside then your hair probably would stick to your lips... Which is the only downside of the Lip Butter.


It is very pigmented and easy to apply as it just glides on like a good ol' lip balm, considering this is basically a lip balm anyway, crossed with a lip gloss. It is very moisturising, which is what the aims are for this product, as like I said it is almost a tinted lip balm in a fancy tube. There is such a vast range of colours to choose from, I counted the number of shades on the Boots website and there is an outstanding 21 different colours, so if you can't find one that you like then wow I don't know what is up with you ha ha!
Oh and I almost forgot... It smells really good!

Revlon ColorBurst Matte Balm


Although I am in love with Revlon's lip butter, I think I prefer this lip product of theirs. This is purely because it's more up my ally as I prefer matte to shiny lip products. Revlon's ColorBurst Matte Balm is also £7.99 and again is definitely worth it (especially if they are having a buy one get one half price offer - like they were having when I got both my Revlon products!) I purchased the shade Elusive, yet again I found it hard to pick a colour; there were so many different shades to choose from (10 matte balms, 6 stains and 10 lacquers), just like the Lip Butters!
The product feels so smooth when you apply it to your lips and like the Lip Butter, it feels moisturising and is extremely pigmented. 
It also smells and tastes of mints which is amazing. I am beginning to think Revlon like making their lip products smell good!


The packaging is super fun and cool; it looks like a massive crayon! Furthermore, the colour of the packaging is the exact shade of the actual lip product in itself which makes things a whole lot easier. With MAC lipsticks, for example, the packaging is very classy but when you have a couple of their lipsticks you have to either look at the bottom or open it to see the colour, which is OK but slightly annoying!


Let me know if you have tried any of these lip products & what you think of them.
ALSO: What is your favourite brand for lip products & is there any you would recommend?

(P.S. There is a 3 for 2 offer on at Boots for Revlon products again, so if you want any of the lip products (or anything else Revlon, then GOGOGO!)

Love, Emily x

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images

Subscribe