Bourjois healthy mix serum

19:14

Hello :)

Just wanted to say before I begin.. happy December! Who's looking forward to Christmas? I'm buzzing! I have completed all my Christmas shopping this weekend and I have wrapped everyone's presents up already! I'm so organised this year! Also, we got our Christmas tree and put up all the decorations yesterday which really got me in the Christmas sprit, now it just needs to snow!!
I'm just going to insert a few of Christmassy photos I've taken (I would insert my Christmas tree but I'm yet to take a photo of it- so I'll put it in my next blog post which is going to be mega Christmassy!!)




Cabot Circus - Bristol, Clarks Village- Somerset, The Mall - Cribs Causeway


Anyway on with the review..
Today I'm going to be writing about Bourjois' healthy mix serum.
I purchased this one not the actual foundation one because when I swatched it it just felt so nice on my skin.

This gel based foundation is f a b u l o u s. It's my favourite foundation I have purchased, ever. It has a matte finish with a medium coverage I would say and gives you an utterly flawless, even complexion. The actual foundation, Bourjois healthy mix foundation (basically the same name) I've heard, is high coverage.
The foundation blends so well and is so natural so it doesn't look patchy or fake at all. It has a very smooth texture which means it's very easy to apply and therefore feels lovely and light on your skin! I usually, 90% of the time, use my fingers to put on my foundation however I do occasionally use a brush when I actually can be bothered! When I do I use my real techniques* pointed foundation brush, which needs a clean, in fact all my brushes do haha ops!
Also, the packaging is simple but nice I think. (Just thought I'd comment on it!)


Bourjois healthy mix serum in light vanilla (51), Bourjois chocolate bronzer (52) and Contour rt brush


The foundation also has a bonus because it smells of fruits.. lychee, goji berries and pomegranate. I have no clue what lychee is but it smells nice so it's all good!
The only disadvantage of this product is that Bourjois don't do a very wide range of shades, which means people with a paler complexion wouldn't be able to find one suitable for their skin, which is a bit of a bummer! Come on Bourjois!! I usually purchase like the 3rd/4th/5th lightest shade but with this foundation I'm the lightest shade which is called light vanilla (51). However, I could probably get away with the next shade up called vanilla (52) but I didn't want to risk spending £11 on a foundation that makes me look orange; it's not my colour! It isn't that cheap but isn't that expensive either, so yeh haha! Therefore if you're not sure what foundation to get, and you're not pale, then I seriously recommend this one; it would be the best £11 you will ever spend on a makeup product! But if you haven't got enough money for this foundation or you're paler, then I do recommend Rimmels match perfection foundation because they do such a wide range of shades and although it is a low coverage foundation you can kind of build it up slightly. But all in all it is a fab foundation at a cheaper price of £6.99.
If you've got a bit more money and can afford MAC and Bourjois don't have the correct shade for your skin tone or you just want an expensive foundation that gives high coverage then I think MACs studio fix fluid foundation would be perfect for you, although I have never tried it (I will) I have heard so many good things about it and they also do a large range of shades which is fab (obviously!) It is around the £20 mark but I have heard it is worth it!


*Link is to the Core collection as that what both the pointed foundation brush and the contour brush are part of


All in all if you have £11 and need a new foundation/want to try a new foundation BUY IT because it is so worth every penny!


Thank you for reading & I hoped you enjoyed the post!

Love Emily x

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images

Subscribe