Bourjois colour boost and Rimmel London apocalips

19:36

Hello everyone!

Today I'm going to be reviewing the most raved about lip glosses/sticks.

Rimmel Londons Apocalips and Bourjois' lip crayon are both amazing products, and I can certainly see what all the hype is about!


 
Right- Bourjois' lip crayon Left- Rimmels Apocalips



 Swatches of both lip products (bottom 'On the beach' and right 'Galaxy')

Rimmel London's Apocalips

First up, I am going to start with Rimmels Apocalips. I purchased the colour 301 Galaxy- which is a deep purple/plum colour, but the good thing is it doesn't come out as dark as you expect it to; I was a bit worried it was going to be a bit dark but I just took the risk and bought it anyway and I'm glad I did!


 

I think the names of the lip lacquers are really cool and well thought of! There are 13 different shades, so I wont list all of the names, but I will list a few of my favourites: Galaxy, Apocalyptic, Big Bang, Lunar, Out of the world, Shooting star and Across the universe. I will be talking a bit about the colours in a bit further down- so I will probably mention all of them there, haha!
  


I also think the packaging is really nice and it is perfect size to keep in a small clutch bag! I love how you can see the colour of the lacquer at the bottom of the packaging and the lid is original and makes it look quite posh almost.
  
All the colours are pinks, reds and purples. Galaxy, Eclipse, Celestial, Nova and Out of this world are purple shades. Apocalyiptic, Lunar, Stella, Shooting star and Aurora are the more pinky shades, and there is a pinky-nude colour called Nude Eclipse. Big bang and Across the universe are red shades.

The collection
The brush is amazing. I love it! It makes it really easy to apply and it also applies really smoothly. Just one sweep of the lacquer on your lips and you're away! It gives intense colour and the colour on your lips exactly matches the product (because sometimes they can come out a really pale almost clear colour when in fact it's not that colour) but not as bold.

The price of them is around the £6 mark, so it's not too steep!

 
Lip lacquer on lips




 
Brush applicator

Bourjois colour boost lip crayon 

Secondly, I am going to talk about Bourjois' lip crayon. I purchased the shade 'On the beach' which I think is a fab and funky name. Both the companies have thought of some great names for their lip products! The shade I purchased is a bright pinky/coral colour, which is absolutely gorgeous - think it's my fave lip product at the moment (followed by Rimmels Apocalips- of course!) All the shades are lovely, but I knew what one I wanted to get first!




 Bourjois lip crayon with the Fresh mint Baby Lips, Parma violets lip balm and Lush's bubble gum lip scrub


Again, the names they've chosen are great! There are 6 beautiful shades, Red sunshine which is a slightly dark pink shade, Fuschia libre which is a bright dark pink colour (if you get me), Orange punch which of course is an orange colour, but it has a coral tint to it, On the beach (which I've already described), Rouge which is a proper girly pink colour and Prune which is a deep purple/plum shade. I think the last two are quite new shades.


 
On the beach, Fuschia libre, Red sunshine and Orange punch

The packaging of these lip crayons is really cool because it looks like a crayon, haha! Also, the colour of the packaging is the colour of the product. Say if you had more than 1 you don't have to open it or look closely at the bottom to see if you've picked up the right shade- which saves time!
The only issue I have with the packaging is that the writing rubs of really easily (I don't know if this is just me or if it happens to a lot of people) which isn't a problem, it's just a bit annoying.
  
There is no applicator for this, obviously, as it's almost like a lipstick. To get more product up, you twist the silver bit at the bottom.
When you apply it, it's really smooth on your lips, it's so easy to put on and feels amazing when applying and when on your lips! It's feels like you're putting on a really smooth lip balm or something, I don't really know how to describe it, haha! Anyone who's got it will probably know what I mean, and if you decide to purchase one (or more) then you'll know how nice it feels (ok that sounded a bit wrong, but oh well).
It is really pigmented, like Rimmels Apocalips- which is fab!
The price for these is £7.99- which is slightly more expensive than Rimmels Apocalips, but it's definitely worth it!




 
It doesn't look that bright in this photo - but I promise you it is!


Overall, both the lip products are amazing and I strongly recommend trying them both- trust me you will not regret buying them! When I have more money I am definitely going to go out and purchase a couple more shades of both the lip products!

Thank you for reading!
Love, Emily x

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images

Subscribe