Reading Week

01:13

It was lovely to have just over a week off from 23rd October-1st November because it meant I could go home and visit my family in Bristol, which was fab! I left Falmouth on Friday morning, as I had no lectures or seminars and came back the next week on the Sunday.

On the Saturday I had an opticians appointment and I saw my Great Auntie and one of my cousins was there as well - which was a nice surprise.
Then on the Sunday morning we had a lovely cooked breakfast and I took our dog out for the first time in a month and a half and I have to say I do truly miss taking her out.
In the afternoon I saw one of my friends and we literally talked non stop as we hadn't seen one another for almost two months and we told our drunken stories over a hot chocolate followed by a little shop.




Walkies!






On Monday myself, my parents, my sister and my adorable dog went up to North Yorkshire to see our family for a few days which was really nice!
I will insert a few pictures below:-





















We got back from Yorkshire on Friday evening and had a yummy takeaway pizza and a glass of red wine. I then had a lovely little (or major) catch up with my friend who I haven't seen in months as we've both been away over the summer and then I went to Uni! We just went into the City Centre and drank some tasty cocktails at Turtle bay then went for a 12/1am stroll.





 

On Saturday I don't think we did much, but I saw my friend in the evening for Costa; it was the only time we were both free as she came back that day and I was going back to Uni the following day, which was rather annoying! We had a great catch up talking about University and life and everything pretty much.

I can't wait to go back for Christmas now! As much as I like University, I do miss home very much sometimes so to have a whole month back in Bristol will be great (and obviously it's Christmas so everything's going to look really cute and festive!) In the meantime it's attending seminars, workshops and lectures and starting and finishing my practical Journalism assignment (which I like, bar plucking up the courage to talk to some random stranger(s) then interviewing them...) I also have a couple of 'News writing' exercises to hand in, which isn't too bad... Most of my essays are due in the second week of January, good times!



OH I almost forgot to say... I did do a bit of reading over the week, maybe not as much as we were meant to but at least it was something, right?!


P.S. I have changed the theme/template of my blog after a stressful experience yesterday and today... trying to unzip a file then deciding that I didn't like the template... But I eventually found one that I like, however I haven't quite finished editing it yet.
I know how to get links to other webpages/sites like 'Twitter'. However, I don't know how you get a link to go through to some of your blogposts. This is hard to explain. Basically I want a few links like: 'Fashion', 'Beauty', 'Lifestyle' and when you click on them it takes you to the posts that are to do with 'Beauty' for example. Does anyone know how to do this? I've tried looking it up but I can't find anything (or anything that isn't ridiculously difficult to use). So pretty please tell me if you do, I will very much appreciate it!

Love Emily x

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images

Subscribe