New Purchases: Real Techniques Sponge & Mac's Soft & Gentle

10:36

Hello everyone, I have bought a couple of things recently that I have absolutely fallen in love with & they have both become one of my top favourite makeup items.



Real Techniques Sponge Applicator

I bought this spontaneously in Asda a few days ago, I just saw it there, there was a massive sale on Real Techniques items & I picked it up. I have heard great things about it from other bloggers and YouTubers, so that did influence my decision, although I was contemplating on whether or not to buy it for ages; I didn't know if it would be worth the £5-6 that it is.
I would totally recommend it to anyone and it is defiantly worth the money. I didn't think I would like it as much as I do, but I now prefer it more than using a brush to put on my foundation and concealer. It does get dirty quite quickly, as you can tell from above... and I've only used it 3 times... But it does say on the packaging it needs washing quite frequently.

Application: I put my foundation on my hand and either dab the sponge on my hand and dab it on my face, or I put the foundation on my hand, use a brush to sweep it over my face then dab the foundation on with the sponge applicator. For concealer I just simply dot it over any imperfections and under my eyes and dab it on with the sponge.

The sponge is a specific shape (as you can see below) and you use each side/part for different things, but I tend to just use the flat bit and occasionally the tip (not the edge of the sponge because I find it a bit awkward).


UPDATE: I washed it a few hours ago (with shampoo & warm water) and it practically looks brand new again - which is fab and it also didn't take ages to clean as well. 
However it is taking quite a while to dry, even though I have obviously squeezed all the water I can out...
It is currently wrapped in a little towel... which will hopefully make it dry for the morning!





Mac Mineralize Skin Finish: Soft and Gentle

I have wanted this for ageeeees and I finally ordered it online a week or so ago. I am in love with it and it is my favorite Mac/High end product and it will probably remain that way for a long time. It is £23 but I would definitely say it is worth the money, as you don't need to put much on and there is a lot of product in the case thing (I don't know what you would call it.... a pot?!)

Application: I use Benefit's Hoola bronzer (which is also one of my favorite products) to contour, blending it in with Real Technique's buffer brush. I then use my finger to apply Mac's soft and gentle just above where I have contoured. I sometimes blend it in with the Real Techniques contour brush if I have applied quite a lot of the product.

It lasts all day on your skin, and adds a soft glow which is still noticeable - especially when the light shines on your face. I especially think this is a perfect product for summer.
IT IS JUST SO PRETTY!





Thank you for reading,
Have you purchased any of these products before? If so what do you think of them?

Love, Emily x

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images

Subscribe