Lipstick Collection

12:58

Hello everyone,

Today I'm going to be sharing my lipstick collection with you. It's probably not that many compared to a lot of beauty bloggers/You Tubers or whatever but oh well. If I had more money, I can guarantee you I would have loads more!





I own three Mac lipsticks, Velvet Teddy (which is almost all gone, so I'm definitely going to be repurchasing it very soon), and Viva Glam: Rihanna (red). I'm not going to talk a lot about them, as I have written about them a lot in previous blog posts, so I'm going to say three good things about them: they're very pigmented, stay on for a long time and they are totally worth every penny (priced at £15.50).


                                 



I never really bought anything from Revlon before, but I had heard their lip butter and crayon type lipsticks/glosses were really good so I decided to buy both of them (as they were on offer). They are such good value for money (around £7.99), are quite pigmented and both have a nice consistency. The lip butter (in cotton candy) had little glitter bits in and is quite shiny. It is a bit sticky, but as it is kind of a lip balm as well as a lip gloss it isn't too bad. I love the crayon lipstick; the smell of it is insane and the colour range they do in them is so nice. It also doesn't dry out your lips even though it is a matte lipstick, however I would suggest patting it on your lips when you apply it, or I have found, it comes off quite easily.

In the second photo, the lip gloss crayon at the top isn't Revlon, it's Boujour Paris. This shade is literally the perfect summer shade, a peachy/pink colour. It could pretty much go with any outfit, like the other two lipsticks/glosses. This is quite shiny and it very moisturising when you apply it to your lips. The price is very decent, at around £7.99 I believe and does last a very long time. However, the only disadvantage is that it does come off fairly easily - but it isn't sticky, which is good.




Next up are these gorgeous trio of gloss crayons from Soap and Glory. I purchased these in the Winter Sales, so it was £8-10 (can't remember) for these three shades and they came in the cutest little box. I adore these shades, and have worn the purple shade the most - as you can tell! The other two are perfect colours for the Spring/Summer time. They aren't too sticky, and are pigmented (especially the purple shade!) They also make your lips appear so much fuller - which of course is a major plus! I would definitely recommend these to everyone.




Rimmel London are a great high street brand for lipsticks/glosses. I love the Kate Moss collection. The bottom lipstick in this photo (shade 8) is one of my all time favorite lipsticks, it is such a gorgeous colour and stays on an average amount of time. This is my second tube, and I'm running out again so I need to repurchase it ASAP! When I apply it I tend to dab it on, as it makes it look matte and it lasts longer on my lips. The middle lipstick - appocolips (in the shade Galaxy I believe?!) is amazing. The consistency of the lipstick is great, as it is liquid - thick lip gloss consistency and is quite shiny like a lip gloss, but it stays on like a lipstick and looks like one. The shade is so pretty as it isn't too dark, so it is quite easy to wear. The top lipstick I haven't worn much at all, I bought it for Year 11 Prom two years ago. It is very shiny and is a very pretty colour but I'm not too sure about it at the moment ha ha!




AH THIS! I forgot about this one... again I need to repurchase as the colour isn't as bold anymore. But it has the same kind of consistency as Rimmel's appocolips, which I love! When you apply it to your lips, it mattes almost instantly. It also stays on all day without fail. I have worn it several times and haven't had to reapply for the entire day, despite eating and drinking. The applicator is also really nice, I have no idea why it is just a normal brush, but it just feels so nice when you glide it onto your lips!
It stays on longer than Mac lipsticks, so for the cheap price of £7.99 compared to £15.50, it is a must have! There are so many different shades you can choose from - nudes, pinks, purples, reds.





TANYYYYYYA! I love her lip glosses. I just have the one (in the shade Chic) but it is super pretty and as it's a nude shade it goes with everything! This lip gloss is shiny, and can be used on top of nude/pink/peach shade lipsticks to give your lips that extra plumpness (if that's a word?!) But for £6.99, it is worth purchasing a shade from her super extensive collection (including reds, nudes, peaches, oranges, purples, pinks). You can buy her lipsticks/nail polishes/false lashes from FeelUnique.com or Superdrug.




Finally... Natural Collection's lip liners! I especially love the pink shade one, and I wear it with Rimmel Kate Moss' shade 08 lipstick. These two together look insane as the lip liner perfectly matches the lipstick shade. Also, as these are both so pigmented you could even use it all over your lips and it would probably stay on for hours. For the amazing price of £1.99, everyone should buy one, or two... or more... Because what's the point in spending £15-20 on a lip liner when Natural Collection are selling super cheap ones, of which are super good quality. 




I store my lipsticks in this lovely box I received for Christmas, but I have ordered two makeup holders from eBay, which I will store mainly my nail polishes in but I will store a few of my lipsticks in them too (mainly the Mac ones).




Thank you for reading!
Should I do a nail polish collection post?! Because I had a major sort out of them the other week and have recently bought a few more, as I'm gradually building up my collection again with fresh, new colours. I still have a few I really want to buy, but when I have done that I'm thinking... blog post?!

Love, Emily x








You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images

Subscribe