Maybelline colour tattoo

17:12

Hello everyone! I would just like to wish you all a happy new year! Hope you had a good new years eve and new years day :-)

Today I'm going to be writing about the hyped up colour tattoos by Maybelline New York. And man these little pots of beauty sure do deserve all the hype they get!!



I purchased two of these the other day after wanting them for so long!
I've used them twice so far and they have not disappointed me! I got two because in Boots they have a buy one get one half price offer, so how could I resist ;-) I got the shades Eternal gold and Pink gold and they are both absolutely gorgeous!

Eternal gold is such a pretty shade and would look flawless on whatever skin colour you have! I love it.
Pink gold is just as perfect and is one of the prettiest pink shades I have ever laid my eyes on. Again, I'm absolutely in love with it.


 
Eternal gold and pink gold

 They're both very shimmery so if you don't like shimmery makeup products then these aren't for you, however you could just use them as a base which I think a lot of people do with cream eye shadows anyway. Both times I have used them I have just put them on with no eye shadow over the top and put black eye liner on, yesterday I wore winged eyeliner.
They both look so stunning on your eyelids when you blend them both together slightly.
Both days I have put Eternal gold on all over my lid and the Pink gold on my crease, then have done a little flick thing (don't know how to explain it) at the end.


(Left to Right)- Pink gold and Eternal gold blended together,
Eternal gold then Pink gold

They are very pigmented and really stand out when you apply them - which is great.
But they can be a bit weird when you've just put them on because the first time I did they went a bit gappy and looked like it was going to come off, but to prevent this you just put them on quite quickly - don't waste time! This might just be me it's happened to, so it may be different for you or it might just depend on your skin type. If you have oily skin I think that this will not happen.
They are fairly easy to apply, especially the Pink Gold one. But I do find the Eternal gold shade a bit more difficult to apply if I'm honest; it is a bit dry. This might just be the one I've purchased though.
I apply them to my lids using a real techniques accent brush (from the starter set) or my finger then just blend it in!
Another advantage is they stay on all day without you having to reapply.
By the end of the day the eye shadow is still perfectly in place on your eyelids. They're like a day tattoo (if that makes sense!) They do take a bit of effort getting off (hence Maybelline colour 'tattoo') therefore you do have to press quite hard when using a makeup wipe or cotton pad. But to be honest, who cares!?! It's so worth it. At the end of the day 'Beauty is pain' or whatever the saying is!

Packaging and price

The packaging of the colour tattoos is so pretty as well, eek.. everything about these little pots of beauty is perfection! They are also really handy because if you don't have time to do your makeup in the morning or are going away then you can just chuck them in your bag / suitcase or makeup bag! You don't even necessarily need a brush for them either!
I think they'd last you quite a while as well as they are pigmented, which means you don't need to use loads of the product.
There are 9 different shades out at the moment.. Eternal gold, pink gold, And on bronze, 25k gold, Timeless black, Light in purple, Persistently pink, Metallic pomegranate and Ever lasting navy.
They are also only £4.99 which is fabulous as they are so good. I would definitely recommend them to every girl!
Also, at the moment Boots are having a buy one get one half price offer (as I said at the beginning), so if you want to purchase two, like me, then they would cost £7 something. So I suggest if you want two (or more) then go and buy them now before the offer ends or you'll be paying a lot more!



Thank you for reading!
Comment below your fave drugstore makeup brand for eye shadows

Love, Emily x

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images

Subscribe