Real Techniques

22:03

Hey guys! Today I'm going to talk about something that every girl needs in their life....

REAL TECHNIQUE BRUSHES! by samantha chapman

Now seriously, these brushes are the most fabulous brushes you'll ever purchase! The sets and the single brushes are all fabulous prices (especially the sets - such good value!) The brushes look so girly and lovely as well and when you purchase the sets, they come with a little stand you can put them in. The brushes also feel soft and feel so nice when you put on your make-up, and the eye brushes are the same. All of the brushes put the product on so delicately but so well. 

Different types of brushes
There are so many different brushes and a few different sets. 
I own the core collection, which consists of the buffing brush (my second fav), contour brush, pointed foundation brush and the concealer brush. This set costs £21.99, which may sound a lot but to be honest I think it's pretty decent; you're getting four brushes, which would be like just over a fiver each which  I personally think is great. I also have the starter set, which is the same price, but comes with five eye brushes. The set consists of the pixel point eye-liner brush, accent brush, brow brush, base shadow brush and the deluxe crease brush.
The newest brush I've purchased is the beloved expert face brush, which costs £9.99. This is my fav brush. It is so so good.
They sell many other brushes, including the blush brush (£9.99), powder brush (£12.99), stippling brush (£11.99) and the foundation brush (£9.99). I haven't got these brushes, but I'm planning on purchasing the powder brush soon and might buy the others in the future (maybe not the blush brush; I already have a blush brush from The Body Shop).
They also sell little sponges, which look really cool. They are called Miracle complexion sponges (£5.99), you use these to blend or apply your foundation or concealer.
There are also a few separate eye brushes they sell, which are not in the 'starter set', which includes the shading brush (£7.99), lash and brow groomer (£7.99) and fine liner brush (£6.99).
Another set they sell is called the limited edition duo fibre set which are £23.99 and consist of three brushes. hey are slightly more expensive because they are limited edition (so get your hands on them quick if you want them!) and because they're 'duo fibre'.


What I use the brushes for

Core collection: I use the buffing brush to blend my blusher / bronzer in when I apply it. I also use it to apply my powder, which is stay matte pressed powder in peach glow (which I think is the cutest name haha!) I use the contour brush for... you'll never guess what, contorting! I use Bourjouis' chocolate bronzing powder lets call it! I don't really use the pointed foundation brush much, but when I do.. you can guess what I use it for. I use the concealer brush to apply my concealer with (obviously). God, this is all so self explanatory I don't even know why I'm bothering to explain all of this!

Eye brushes: But I'll carry on anyway... I use the base shadow brush just as a general eye shadow brush, I just put the shadow all over my eyelid. I use the deluxe crease brush to apply a darker shade on the crease. I use the accent brush to apply my Maybelline colour tattoos (which I wrote about in my previous blog post) and I use it to blend the darker shade of eye shadow I've applied outwards. I don't use the pixel point brush a lot, but if I were to use it I'd use it to apply a thin line of eye shadow close to my eyelashes (where you'd apply eye liner). I use the brow brush occasionally if I want really natural looking brows, or if I'm not doing much that day. I just use my MUA eye shadow palette in Heaven and Earth for my brows (Superdrug don't seem to sell this palette any more so I'm going to link the Undress me too palette, which looks quite similar). If I'm not using the brow brush for my brows, I use the Rimmel Professional eye pencil in dark brown, which I think is absolutely amazing (I'd also recommend Bourjois' eye pencil sharpener. I know it's only a sharpener, but honestly it's so good!)



Expert face brush: This brush is flawless. It applies foundation like a dream. It is so smooth on your skin and is perfect as it leaves no streaks. It is also great for blending concealer as well. I do apply my concealer, at the moment I'm using Benefits Bo-ing and 17's stay time, with my concealer brush, but I do blend it with the expert face brush. Basically there are no flaws with this brush, I haven't got the foundation brush, but I do have the pointed foundation brush and can safely say it is much better. Don't get be wrong the pointed one is good, it just leaves a few streaks on my skin and I then have to use my fingers to blend the foundation in. The foundation I use by the way is Bourjois' healthy mix serum in the shade light vanilla 51. (I have written a blog post about this foundation, so feel free to check it out - ha ha!) This is the brush I would recommend the most, 5*.


Thank you for reading
Comment below your fave Real Techniques brush(s) or the ones you would like to purchase!

Love, Emily x

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Hi! I've nominated you for a Liebster award at:

    http://sincerelybrionybea.blogspot.co.uk/2014/02/liebster-award.html



    BrionyBea x

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images

Subscribe